Celebrate with us at our first annual Downticket Dinner on Thursday, September 22 from 6-9 PM. Enjoy dinner and drinks with fellow transportation supporters, meet the candidates we’ve endorsed, and learn how we can vote for livability, vitality, sustainability, and equity through transportation in Oakland.
Our endorsed candidates will share their experiences, dreams, and plans for Oakland’s transportation future. We’ll have a short speaking program, and many of the candidates will be available after to discuss their work further.
- Dan Kalb, Oakland District 1 City Councilmember
- Lynette Gibson-McElhaney, Oakland District 3 City Councilmember
- Noel Gallo, Oakland District 5 City Councilmember
- Nehanda Imara, Oakland District 7 City Council Candidate
- Peggy Moore, Oakland Councilmember At-Large Candidate
- Rebecca Saltzman, BART District 3 Director
- Lateefah Simon, BART District 7 Candidate
- Greg Harper, Incumbent AC Transit Ward 2 Director
- Chris Peeples, Incumbent AC Transit Director-At-Large
Dinner and Drinks
Dave Campbell, organizer of the Oaktown Throwdown and Program Director of Bike East Bay, and Mike Davie, founder of the Oaktown Throwdown champion team Smoaktown, will be on hand serving up smoked beef brisket, along with a menu of other Southern-style sides and vegetarian-friendly entrees.
Dinner is included with every ticket. Oakland-brewed beer and wine will be available, too.
Venue is located on 14th Street by Broadway in downtown Oakland, down the block from a 12th Street BART entrance and several bus connections. The space is wheelchair accessible and child-friendly. Tickets, which include dinner, are $50 per person.
Contact us if you’d like to volunteer and receive entry and dinner for a complimentary rate.
Want to hear more from these incredible public servants? Join us for a smaller, quieter VIP reception before the main event, starting at 5 PM.
Thank you to our sponsors for making this event possible: AECOM, Nick Josefowitz, Lyft, and Mott MacDonald. Interested in becoming a sponsor (which includes the VIP reception)? Contact our Board President.